body{background-attachment: fixed ! important; }

Sunday, June 13, 2010

CENTRAL CROSS ISLAND INVITE: 6/19


Usually the last two weeks of June and the first two weeks of July mark the end of the plum rains and the beginning of typhoon season. There is usually a two or three week gap of clear weather for riding and we plan on taking advantage of the opportunity.

If you are an active rider with some experience with distance and wide gearing, I would like to invite you to join us on another Cross Island Adventure. Climb to the top of Taiwan in two days of riding with a great bunch of people. I love this ride.

The scenery is spectacular and is even more amazing from the saddle of a bicycle. The challenge is worth every minute.

9/19: We will be leaving Hualien on Saturday at 5:00am and riding 80km to stay up on the mountain at a hostel near the road to Lishan.

9/20: We will ascend to Wuling Peak and descend to Puli. Some riders will continue to Taichung and others will take the train out of Jiji or Shuili.

Please contact me for details

1 comment:

  1. And I thought the 27000 feet of climbing I did on a 600k last month was tough. Egads 32644 feet up in 200k Wow! Wish I could be there. One of these years I will have to come back over and do this ride.

    ReplyDelete